Who We Are
I co-founded MyDeejay with a partner in 2002 because we really wanted to do something totally different. We both previously worked on the management side of another big DJ agency in the area, and saw firsthand how the company took advantage of people. These couples had never hired a wedding DJ before and had no idea what to ask or what to look for, something that was easily exploited by the agency. “These people will believe anything you say, so tell them whatever it takes to get them to book,” we were told. We knew we could do something different. We could build a better business model.
So, we quit. We set out to create a new kind of DJ company. A company that treats people with respect, the way they should be treated. A company that shares its clients’ enthusiasm and is committed to fulfilling every promise. A company that does business the right way, with every client, for every single event.
Our company has grown a little since then, cautiously and strategically, but our goal has always been the same: to be the best DJ company possible. We’ll never settle for what’s worked so far; we’ll never become complacent or say something is “good enough.” No matter how many industry awards and amazing reviews we receive, we’ll never stop striving to be even better.
Our company is still owned and operated by me, and I have my hands in everything. My team and I run this business the way it should be done: with great customer service and great DJs delivering great performances every weekend. Every person who works for MyDeejay knows and lives our core values:
- Education – An educated consumer is our best customer. Even if a prospect doesn’t book us, at least they will make a better decision for having looked at our website.
- Trust – Earning our clients’ trust, and building a relationship with them, is the most important part of earning their business.
- Respect – Treating our clients the way they deserve to be treated, which means respecting their time, their questions, and their wishes for their special day.
- Fairness – Maintaining honesty and consistency in our prices and policies for all of our clients.
- Value – Keeping our prices very reasonable for the quality of service we offer, and delivering results that far exceed anyone’s expectations.
- Sustainability – Operating our business with as little environmental impact as possible.
- Transparency – No hidden fees, tricky policies, or fine print; what you see is what you get.
- Ethics – Never giving or receiving “kickbacks” for referrals from other vendors or reception venues.
- Reliability – Delivering on our promises, always, no matter how big or small.
- Excellence – Not just exceeding expectations, but striving to make our clients’ entire experience with our company 100% perfect.
We love what we do, and we’re lucky to do it. It’s not about ego for us. Quite the opposite, actually — it’s our humility, and our gratitude for our clients, that inspires us every day.
We won’t try to convince you that we’re the only DJ in town worth considering. It wouldn’t be the truth. What matters to us is that every couple finds the DJ that is perfect for them. As we see it, the more good DJs there are, the more couples will ultimately have a good experience on their wedding day – and that has to be a good thing, right?
We’re also dedicated to giving back to the community, and are proud to have donated our time and financial support to a variety of worthy causes, including the Human Rights Campaign, Pink Initiative, Wish Upon a Wedding, Voices for Children, Big Brothers Big Sisters of Central Maryland, House of Ruth, Cystic Fibrosis Foundation, The Little Things for Cancer, The Starlight Children’s Foundation, and more.
I hope that you are able to take some time and read through our website, and that you will consider using MyDeejay for your event. I’ve tried to put as much information on this site as possible – it’s here to help you make the most educated, informed decision possible when selecting your DJ. I wish you all the best in your planning, and hope to hear from you soon!