If you graduated high school in 1993 like a certain MyDeejay executive who shall remain nameless (until we call her out later in this post), you probably had your mind blown by The Chronic, still thought an IROC-Z was cool and embraced Cross Colors in all its primary-color glory. Notable 1993 events:
- Bill Clinton succeeds George H.W. Bush as the 42nd President of the United States.
- ATF agents raid the Branch Davidian compound in Waco, Texas, with a warrant to arrest leader David Koresh on federal firearms violations. Four agents and 5 Davidians die in the raid and a 51-day standoff begins.
- Janet Reno is confirmed by the United States Senate and sworn in the next day, becoming the first female Attorney General of the United States.
- Eritreans vote overwhelmingly for independence from Ethiopia in a United Nations-monitored referendum.
- The public is allowed inside Buckingham Palace for the first time in history.
- Jennifer Reitmeyer graduates high school.
Believe it or not, 1993 was such a good year for music that we had a hard time narrowing our selections to just five but somehow we managed it (we're a resilient bunch over here)... Enjoy!
Dr Dre - Nuthin' But a G Thang
Snow - Informer
Cypress Hill - Insane in the Brain
Ace of Base - All That She Wants
Onyx - Slam
It wouldn't be a music flashback without a guilty pleasure, and for 1993 that's got to be...
Tag Team - Whoomp! (There It Is)
(p.s. Contrary to popular Internet rumors, that is NOT President Barack Obama in the video at 1:00.)