1995 was a good year; some of us were discovering the Internet with blazing fast 14.4 dial-up speeds while others were still busy thrift store shopping for a new flannel shirt to go with their Doc Martens. If you came of age in 1995, you may have been swept up in Beanie Baby Mania, rocked a Rachel cut or had your questionable content blocked by your parents thanks to your TV's awesome new V-chip. It was a good year! Notable 1995 events:
- Mississippi ratifies the Thirteenth Amendment, becoming the last state to approve the abolition of slavery. The amendment was nationally ratified in 1865.
- Tejano superstar Selena is killed by the president of her own fanclub, Yolanda Saldívar.
- Hacker Kevin Mitnick is arrested by the FBI and charged with penetrating some of the United States' most "secure" computer systems.
- The DVD, an optical disc computer storage media format, is announced.
- The Million Man March is held in Washington, D.C. The event was conceived by Nation of Islam leader Louis Farrakhan.
TLC - Waterfalls
Mariah Carey - Fantasy
Montell Jordan - This Is How We Do It
Michael Jackson & Janet Jackson – Scream
The Real McCoy - Another Night
Because no flashback would be complete without a guilty pleasure that you probably still have hiding out on your iPod, don't we all wish we were a little bit taller?
Skee-Lo - I Wish