If you graduated high school in 1996, you have something in common with James Franco, Ashton Kutcher, Kobe Bryant and Katie Holmes. You probably didn't get to take Brandi to your prom but hey, we can't all be basketball superstars. Notable 1996 events:
- One of the worst blizzards in American history kills more than 150 people on the East Coast. Philadelphia gets over 30 inches of snow, NYC public schools close for the first time in 18 years and the federal government in Washington, DC is shuttered for days.
- Chess computer "Deep Blue" defeats world chess champion Garry Kasparov for the first time.
- Democratic incumbent Bill Clinton defeats Republican challenger Bob Dole to win his second term as president of the United States.
- Tupac Shakur gunned down in Las Vegas at 25.
- Dr. Ian Wilmut and his team clone the world's first sheep from adult cells. The lamb born in July 1996 is named Dolly.
Now that we've gotten a bit of history out of the way, what were you dancing to in 1996?
2Pac - California Love
Blackstreet - No Diggity
LL Cool J - Doin' It
Everything But the Girl - Missing
Ginuwine - Pony
Of course, every year needs its guilty pleasure and for 1996, that's got to be none other than this hot track...
Quad City DJs - C'Mon 'N Ride It