Overwhelmed by the complications of time travel and awesomeness of music from the past, we had to take a brief hiatus from this series but it's the new millennium and we're ready to dance again! Notable 2000 events:
- Y2K Y2K Y2K Y2K... wait, what happened again?
- The Internet bubble hits a climax on March 10, 2000, with the NASDAQ peaking at 5132.52 in intraday trading before closing at 5048.62. It burst shortly thereafter, sending tech stocks tumbling.
- The billionth living person in India is born.
- October 30th marks the final date during which there is no human presence in space; on October 31, Soyuz TM-31 launches, carrying the first resident crew to the International Space Station. The ISS has been continuously crewed since.
- The final original Peanuts comic strip is published, following the death of its creator, Charles M. Schulz.
But more important than how much you lost when the dot-com bubble burst... what were you dancing to?
Madonna - Music
Nelly - Country Grammar
Mystikal - Shake It Fast (well, maybe you were dancing to the dirty version but this is a family-friendly website)
Montell Jordan - Get It On Tonight
Jay Z - Big Pimpin'
And while you might never admit it, you know you bopped your head to this 2000 guilty pleasure!
NSYNC - Bye Bye Bye