MyDeejay welcomes inquiries from prospective DJs in the greater Baltimore / Washington DC metro area – we have the area’s best reputation and are always interested in speaking with candidates that fit our company profile and our clients’ expectations.
If you’re currently working as a DJ, we’d love to chat with you about your experience and how MyDeejay could be a match for what you have to offer. Please note that all of MyDeejay’s performers are expected to provide us with as much availability as possible, especially on Saturdays between April and October. Please contact us only if you are generally available and are not under contract with other agency – we do not provide opportunities for DJs who subcontract from multiple agencies and are just looking to “pick up some extra gigs.” However, we are a great fit for motivated independent DJs who are interested in filling out their calendar with high-caliber events.
If you are not currently a DJ, we would also love to chat with you! There is a DJ apprenticeship program available for smart, creative people interested in making a career (or second career) out of deejaying. This is a perfect opportunity for anyone seeking a substantial income for part-time work – either supplementing income from a 9-5 “day job” or providing a reliable, predicable income source if you’re currently “gigging it” doing other work you love.
All of the work associated with being a DJ on our team can be completed at night and on weekends, there is very little time commitment required on days you don’t have an event. Our company has a robust support system that handles nearly all of the administrative and back-office tasks, allowing our DJs to concentrate on what they do best – creating amazing experiences for our clients.
The DJ apprenticeship program includes traditional instruction, ongoing evaluation, hands-on workshops, and on-site shadowing at events with our current DJs. After completing this comprehensive program, you will be more knowledgeable about weddings and high-end corporate events than virtually every other DJ in the area, and you will be completely prepared to begin making serious money doing something you love.
Here’s what we’re looking for in candidates for our team, regardless of previous DJ experience:
- You must be professional in your appearance and articulate in your communication
- You must be friendly, personable, and able to connect well with people from different backgrounds
- You must be kind, patient, and passionate about providing outstanding customer service
- You must be organized and have excellent attention to detail
- You must be comfortable working with technology and electronics
- You must be passionate about a wide variety of music
- You must be quick on your feet, cool under pressure, and able to troubleshoot problems
- You must be willing to learn our (extremely high) standards and be committed to maintaining them
If you’re interested in learning more about joining our team, please contact us using the form below. We look forward to hearing from you!